Saturday, June 4, 2011

A change in plans

It has been an eventful few weeks. The Lord showed me once again that I can spend my time making the most precise plans, but He is the one in charge. Our little girl's original due date was 6/6/11. That got moved up to 6/2/11, with a scheduled c-section due to her breech position and my low fluid levels. On Monday, May 23, at our biophysical profile, Dr. Chapa found that my fluids were even lower. (Something that I felt earlier that day, and told my mom. I knew that there was less cushion... I just felt different.) It was at our 3:45 appointment that we learned we would be having a baby the next day! In celebration, Gary and I went to Mavis Winkles, where I ate a ginormous cheeseburger and fries.... had to live it up, being my last pregnancy meal and all! Gary then went to his show choir meeting, since he knew it would be near impossible to reschedule. I went to Solid and got a pedicure :).

That night at home I tried to calmly pack and get my things in order. Unfortunately, there was a tornado warning, so some of my time was spent in the basement with the kitties, talking on the phone with Gary. He was in the school auditorium with 120 parents. It was a hectic night to say the least. Surprisingly, I was able to get some sleep... good thing, because I had a big day ahead! My life was about to change forever, in the most amazing way.

No comments:

Post a Comment