I was close with my Grandma Joy and Grandpa Ron. They watched me when I was little, and I always had a pretty special bond with them. It devastated me when I lost my Grandma. And then, years later, we lost Grandpa Ron.... just a little over a week before I met Gary. I am still frustrated that they never got to meet... they are so much alike. It was Gary's music, in fact, that we listened to over and over again the week that Grandpa was sick. It's like God had a plan :)
My Aunt Lisa shared this baby photo with me today, and I had to pair it up with one of Scarlett's. It almost makes me regret not naming her Scarlett Joy. But McKenna has a special connection to my grandparents as well. We chose the name after Elise McKenna, the main character from Somewhere in Time. Grandma and Grandpa both loved the music from the movie. It was also the music playing the first time Gary and I met.
Along with her looks, I hope Scarlett gains the passion and talent my Grandma Joy had. So long.

No comments:
Post a Comment