Friday, April 5, 2013

Dear Scarlett,

My sweet, precious girl. We just came home from an amazing music class together, and I wanted to share my feelings with you as soon as possible.

By now I'm sure you know that Mommy tends to worry, and second guess things a lot.  Sometimes this includes my decision to stop teaching and stay at home.  Well, this morning you must have sensed me questioning myself, and you shared with me how you felt about it.

We started our Spring session of music class today.... what you endearingly call "mucous class".  You shined the entire time.  You walked around with a confidence that I have never seen.  You left my lap to join the teacher and sing with her.  When we marched, you marched.   When we clapped, you clapped.  When we jumped, you tried your hardest to get those feet in the air.

The instrument today was the ukulele, which you played with ease.  We danced to the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", waving scarves around us.  I will never forget the way you looked at me while we were dancing together.  My heart has never felt so much love.  All of my fears and worries were washed away when I saw the complete joy on your face.

Being chosen to be your Mommy is the greatest gift God has ever given me.  I will cherish it everyday.... especially these precious days that I have at home with you.  Thank you for reminding me to do so.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment