Thursday, December 9, 2010

Week 14

The good news is... my morning sickness is gone.  The bad news is, I caught a horrible cold!  I keep promising Gary that I will one day be a glowing, happy pregnant woman.  He has been amazing, of course.... cleaning and cooking and taking care of me.

I recently read that my immune system is weak (to keep my body from attacking the "foreign object", aka my little beba.)  So, when my students were sneezing and coughing all over me, I pretty much knew it was game over.  Hopefully it will be gone soon, and I can get back to being an excited mommy to be!

Something else exciting I read today on The Bump:  Your Baby: Week 14
Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so quite buy equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys, and spleen continue to develop.  Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.

I have been pregnant for 101 days, and I still can't believe all of this is happening inside of me.  I am so excited to start feeling some of these movements!  (Remind me to read this in a couple of months, as I complain about the punches and kicks....)

On a side note, I have a new craving this week- oranges.  A much healthier choice from my potato chip craze.  Mom told me that she craved orange popsicles :) Crazy how these things work.

Week 14 pics to come...



No comments:

Post a Comment