Monday, April 25, 2011

Week 34

Gary and I went in for our ultrasound today.  I was secretly excited to be scheduled for one so early, just to get the chance to see her! Unfortunately, the tech went pretty fast, so we didn't really get to see many pictures that we understood.

We also learned that there are some concerns.  While she is still a girl (that was my first question), she is breech.  She is also measuring at 3lb 15oz, which is 2 weeks behind where she should be.  They found that my amniotic fluid is low, so they want to monitor me weekly.  This could be caused from me being too active, or my placenta isn't functioning properly.  They told me that if my body does go into early labor, they wouldn't stop it.  It would most likely happen because she isn't getting what she needs from me.
They also requested that I do kick counts every night to make sure she is active.  I am allowed to go back to work, however I need to stay off my feet as much as possible, and I need to continue drinking lots of fluids.  Hopefully she'll do some substantial growing in the next week.... it would certainly make me feel better!  Please keep our little peanut in your prayers- pray that she stays put and is getting everything that she needs from me for the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment