Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What's in a name?

I have had my favorite girl's name picked for roughly 10 years.  Now that having a little girl has become a reality, I am struggling with making a final decision.  Everyone asks if we have names picked, and while we do have a name in mind, I have a hard time committing to it before I meet her.  However, I have had several signs:

1.  The week before Gary and I found out what we were having, we were doing some last minute Christmas shopping.  I was so certain that I was having a boy that I wouldn't even let myself glance at the little girl's clothes. We walked past a calendar kiosk (which by the way, how are those even still in business?), and front and center was a Gone With The Wind calendar.  I told him that it was obviously a sign that if we had a girl, my favorite girl name was the way to go.

2.  Recently, while waiting for my doctor to enter the room, I picked up an old magazine.  I actually haven't ever seen magazines in the actual exam room, just in the waiting room.  However, this one was waiting for me.  Low and behold, look at what I turned to:

3.  My mother saved this article for me this week from the Plain Dealer:

She also purchased me this, however I don't think it counts a sign, but more as a nudge :) 
Essie Scarlett O'Hara nail polish

These signs just may not be enough though.... it's a hard decision. "I can't think about that right now.  If I do, I'll go crazy.  I'll think about it tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day."  

1 comment: