Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bubble Guppy Birthday Party

We worked really hard to turn our backyard into a Bubble Guppy Whimsical Wonderland for Scarlett's birthday party. It was the first party we threw in our new home, so we were pretty excited.  It turned out to be a gorgeous day, so we were able to have everything outdoors.

I promised Gary I wouldn't be a crazed Pinterest Mom for this party... (emphasis on this, as I have no promises for any future parties.) We stuck to family and simple decor, and I was super happy with how it turned out.  

Some NickJr. printouts and borrowed tissue puffs.  Whimsy. 

Molly's fruit punch wasn't much of a hit.  Weeks later, we finally figured out why, when we found the orange sherbet still in the freezer.  Whoops.



Auntie Steph and Auntie Rach coloring on the butcher paper covered tables.  
Party happenings.  


 This is a pretty cute series.  We all know I am a super nervous nelly about singing, and I am typically terrified of singing Happy Birthday (Scarlett, please don't inherit this craziness).  I figured since I was the Mom, I needed to be brave and belt it out with the rest.  Scarlett pouted and hit me in the face.  So much for overcoming that fear. 


Mommy must have stopped singing. 





Unlike last year, she wasn't afraid of the cake.  Not one bit. 





This girl's going to be pretty well rounded.  She is constantly playing with boys, in the most girly clothes possible. 







No comments:

Post a Comment