Thursday, May 23, 2013

The last day.

I just finished tucking in my sweet 1 year old for the last time.  She'll wake up and be 2.... just like that.

I have been a wreck in anticipation over this weekend.  Not another year older.  I still long for the newborn hospital bonding days.

Luckily, today I turned a corner.  We had a great well visit with Dr. Diard, where we got her big girl 2 year old stats:

Weight:  24lbs
Length: 32 inches
Big enough to wear clothes with a "T" following the number, no longer an "mo".  That stings a bit.

Dr. Diard confirmed for us that Scarlett is a bright, talkative, sweet, healthy girl.  She is, and always will be, a girl will do things on her own time, and we are all learning to embrace it.  It's actually one of the things I love most about her.  It's like watching a mini me.

I left the visit feeling refreshed and super proud of my Scarlett... and, in turn, more confident as a parent.  It's nice when that feeling sneaks up.

So, instead of dreading, I am so looking forward to waking up tomorrow and finding a 2 year old in my house.  We plan on celebrating all weekend.

Things they don't tell you.... At the 2 year old well visit, kids stand on the scale, stand while getting measured, and wear gowns.  Gone are the days of the baby scale, tape measure, and blankets.  

We finished the appointment off with a brand new Bubble Guppy sticker.  
Night before birthday meal at Mavis Winkles (Twinkles).  Mommy and Daddy had dinner in the same booth 2 years ago.




1 comment:

  1. Birthdays are always such a mix of happy/sad emotions :) She is absolutely adorable and you are doing an amazing job. I'm so glad we get to share our Mommy journey together!

    ReplyDelete