Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Today is a day where we thank our Mom's for all that they do.  We buy cards, some that make us laugh, some that make us cry, or in my case, usually a little bit of both.  We buy flowers and small gifts.  We finger paint crafts, and hope that she'll like them.  We dedicate 1 whole day to showing Mom what she means to us.

I have been blessed to have a Mother that I've always been close with... even in the scary teen years.  I talk to her roughly 10 times a day.... and on days I don't, I feel lost.  I love her, and especially now, appreciate her so much.  She makes me love Mother's Day.

I consider myself even more blessed, however, to be a Mom.  So, on Mother's Day, the day we put Mom first and shower her with love, I want to say thank you to my daughter.  Thank you, Scarlett, for making me a Mommy.  Thank you for teaching me what love, fear, pain, excitement, exhaustion, self doubt, victory, creativity, flexibility, and faith are all about.

Moms...
Grandma Joy

Moppy and Mommy, then.

Moppy and Mommy, now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment